Thursday, September 19, 2013

02 - MTC 2

Hey there,

Can't believe it's been only two weeks. It feels like I've been in the MTC for longer than that.  That's probably because I've adjusted to the routine here.

So a week ago, I went into the temple on P-day and afterwards had lunch in the main MTC cafeteria, and guess who I ran into. My friend Mike was on the main campus and is going to Denmark.

I have a great district here at the MTC. We have 6 missionaries total and we are all going to the Cancun Mexico mission, so I will be seeing them a lot. In the photo starting from the left, there is handsome me, my comp Elder Mitchell (he's a stud), Elder Roundy, Elder Collins (only one not from Utah, he's from Oregon), Elder Judd our district leader, and finally Elder Burger. My comp is from Spanish Fork, so he's kind of local, but he's amazing to work with.

So studying wise, it's been going great. I've learned so much here in the MTC and the Spanish is coming through. The amount of studying we have to do is huge. These are all of the books they gave us to study and read through. But it is still fun work.

So one of the important things that we learn here is the idea of teaching people, not lessons. Teaching the gospel to an investigator isn't all about filling them up with knowledge. It is about listening to the spirit and knowing the needs of the investigator and teaching them what they need with love. The ability to love is a great quality for missionary work.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Elder Bailey

P. S. DearElder works great.  Christmas comes with every envelope. (In the MTC, Christmas is getting mail. All the missionaries are crazy about getting mail.)

No comments:

Post a Comment