Thursday, September 12, 2013

01 - MTC 1

Hello out there! One week down in the MTC and plenty more until I go out in the field! The work is hard, but there is a lot that I've learned already. It is a relief to put aside the world and focus more on the spiritual matters.

My district is great. Every one of us is going to Cancun, so I'm going to be seeing them a lot over the next two years. I apologize that I don't have any pics yet, I'm still adjusting to the schedule. I should have plenty to send next Thursday.

I'm in the Wyview campus, where they have all of the Spanish/Russian/Greek/Madagascar missionaries, so I haven't seen anyone else except for Gabe Castleton (and Chris). Also, the best way to get letters to me is through DearElder. When you send letters to me by e-mail, I can't get them until Thursday, but when you send them through DearElder, they print them out and put it in the mailbox so I can get them whenever I check. So have everyone send them through DearElder please.

That's kind of all that I have right now, but the MTC is a very interesting experience. As soon as you go into class, they start teaching you Spanish right away, but I actually do have more of a head start than most of the others in my district. I'm picking it up quickly. The teaching is actually a lot easier than I thought, the only real roadblock is the Spanish. But I'm still working hard anyway. This is a great work that I'm doing and I love it!

A thought that I would like to share is that our Heavenly Father is always blessing and guiding us. At the time we may not notice, but looking back, we can see all of the moments that the Lord's hand is there blessing and preparing each one of us for the work that he would have us do.

Thank you for everything that you have done for me, I really do appreciate it.

Until later,

Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment